Saturday, January 15, 2011

Che Kung Temple (Sha Tin)

Near the museum was the village and this temple that was established in the 16th century.It was built over the junction of three streams because the god, one of the gods of good fortune, is credited with controlling floods and reputedly saved the area from the plague in 1629. The outer area of the temple was very busy while we were there with people bringing flowers, fruit, burning incense and candles. We could not take pictures of the inside of the little temple but it was full of little Buddhas and statues.

No comments:

Post a Comment