Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Protest Rally or a Parade?






We heard that there was going to be a protest rally down our street on Saturday afternoon so once it started I thought that I would wait to go out for groceries. Two hours later it was still going so I ventured out. When I came home it was still going on (literally thousands of people participating). We are on the 13th floor of the building but you could hear them loud and clear with their megaphones. Then all of the sudden I heard a marching band. More noise and then another band. You could tell which were the rowdy groups because they would be accompanied with lots of police.(You can see them in the yellow vests and blue uniforms.) This continued on for almost five hours. Not sure what they were complaining about because it was all in Chinese!! Usually they are complaining about something going on in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment